As of today, I now have the same book on Kindle and CreateSpace. This is my first book, the one named, Anthem I and Other Short Stories. I have had it available on Kindle for five months. During those months I found some errors that led me to hiring a copy editor. She found more errors, mostly of the academic type. For example, 80% of those were so called ‘Oxford comma’ errors. I decided to go with her editing to avoid any confusion. There were two misspelled words, and some prepositional errors. Otherwise it was fairly clean.
She read my ‘proof copy’ from CreateSpace. From now on, I will make a CreateSpace hard copy first, then publish on Kindle. Why? I think that many people, including me, can edit better with a hard copy in hand. For some reason, the ‘errors’ don’t pop out on an electronic screen like they do for me in print. She agrees.
My second reason for doing this is that if my copy works on CreateSpace, it only requires taking out the page numbers for the chapters in the Table of Contents for it to work in Kindle. All I did was upload the Word 10 rtf file I used to make the PDF file for CreateSpace, without the page numbers for the chapters and Voila! It worked.
I was quite pleased with that. If you’ve followed this post, you are aware I have had more than a little hassle uploading to CreateSpace. Fortunately, I think I have found my workarounds to easily publish on CreateSpace.